cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Students CAN NOT see their Assignments!

It is week three of 2nd semester of the school year and my students are still unable to access the assignments in my class.  I clicked the Help link on the left panel of my course and no longer see assistance from Chat.  This is an EMERGENCY, i.e. urgent. I had a student to take a screenshot of the message she got when attempting to open the assignment and this is what it reads, "The assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet".  Some please help ASAP!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Learner II

Hi shirvanagainer@browardschools.com,

That message is letting you know that the module that the assignment is in is not Published.  If the assignment is published but not the module it's in then student's will not be able to access.

Click on Modules in your course and verify that the Module is published along with all content within the Module that you want the students to have access to.

Below is a Module that has not been published.  Just click on the Publish icon to make available to students:

335361_pastedImage_2.png

Community Member

Hello shirvanagainer@browardschools.com !

Welcome to the Canvas Community!

So the error message displayed "The assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet".  is because the assignment is set under a module which has not been published by the author.

How do I use Draft State in Modules? 

In order for the student to see the assignment ensure that the parent module is published, as seen below.

Publish a Module

Publish a Module

To publish a module, click the module's unpublished icon. The hover text will confirm you want to publish the module.

Note: Publishing a module will automatically publish any unpublished content items within the module.

Let me know if you need any further assistance