Students can't access Zoom in Canvas

Jump to solution
mcredeur
Community Member

My students aren't able to join my Zoom meeting in Canvas, even though it is enabled in Settings and it shows up in my course. Any advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @mcredeur ...

Do you know if other instructors at your school who also are using Zoom in their Canvas courses also have students who are not able to access the Zoom meetings?  Or, is this just an issue inside of your course(s)?  Have you reached out to your school's local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they might be able to help you?  When you schedule a Zoom meeting, all your students really need are the meeting URL and the Meeting ID number.  Then, they can plug that website into their web browser, and the Zoom application will launch on their PC (or install if it's the first time ever using Zoom).  You and your students can also connect to your Zoom meetings via mobile app.  Once you have the mobile app on your smart phone or tablet, just enter the Meeting ID number to connect.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Marline.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes