cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephen_davidso
Surveyor

Students can't access content in Canvas

Hello,

I have 3 students that cannot access Honors Anatomy and Physiology Canvas content from a teacher's course.

I can provide the teacher and student names. I just want to make sure this is the right place to ask these sort of questions.

Thanks,

Stephen Davidson

Micro-Tech for Coral Springs High School

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @stephen_davidso  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  You have posted your question here in the Canvas Community where people from around the world come to ask questions about the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).  Unfortunately, the majority of people here in the Community would not have access to your school's Canvas environment to help diagnose why your students are unable to access content in the course.  Generally speaking, this might be because of content that is not published (check the Pages, Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, and Modules sections of the course).  Or, it might be that there are some requirements or prerequisites set on the Module that are preventing access.  You'd want to check those as well via the Modules page.

Hopefully some of these suggestions will give you some ideas of things to try.  You might need to ultimately contact the Canvas Help Desk to see if they can help you further:

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328 

Thanks Stephen!

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

@stephen_davidso 'Chat with Canvas Support' in your help menu is like discovering gold. There is someone there to help you 24/7 which is pretty impressive. Especially if you are on the other side of the world!

273109_chat.PNG

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Chris does a good job explaining some reasons why students might not b able to see course content. The Community is good at helping troubleshoot issues like this. Yet, as Chris mentioned we aren’t Canvas Support so we don’t have access to your courses to help with these types of issues. If you need higher level Help then it’s good to Contact Canvas Support and/or Canvas Help at your specific school. 

Unfortunately, not everyone has the “chat with Canvas support” option, but what else you might have is “Report a Problem” in this Help menu or some other way to get Help from someone at your school. 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@stephen_davidso ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie