Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_littleton
Surveyor II

Students can't see uploaded comment file in Speedgrader

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have uploaded files (word docx) containing feedback comments to an assignment in Speedgrader.

The upload went fine and we as instructors and admin can see the files, however the students can´t see the file. If we write text comments the students can see them but not the files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Littleton

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tim_littleton
Surveyor II

It turns out that the teacher was not clicking on "Submit" for each comment. So the file was uploaded but not available for the students.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tim_littleton
Surveyor II

In case anyone is interested, I managed to get pdf and txt files to work but not docx.

Pretty useless if you can't use the most common file type on the planet.

Hello there, @tim_littleton ...

That is super strange that *.docx files aren't viewable by your students.  That should not be the case.  Have you reached out to the Canvas Help Desk folks to report this as an issue?  That's where I would start...just in case they need to do further investigation.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Canvas Community.

Please come back to this thread to let us know what you find out...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

tim_littleton
Surveyor II

It turns out that the teacher was not clicking on "Submit" for each comment. So the file was uploaded but not available for the students.

View solution in original post