Students cannot access files using Canvas App

Jump to solution
joshikov
Community Member

We are experiencing a massive cases on this, they can't view the files in Canvas App and they cant even download the files (pptx, ppt) files to be more specific. I checked if they are able to see the File link in navigation bar, I checked if the files are published, all of it are good. But still they can't see it. What could be the problem? Thank you.

2 Solutions
rseilham
Community Champion

Hi  @joshikov ‌, 

I have not heard of this issue or seen it at my school. My only guess would be to make sure that the files section is visible to the students in your course settings. If it is, I would suggest you contact your local Canvas support to see if it's an issue with your course or the app. Since  @jcs16  is having the same issue, it seems like it might be beyond your course. If you find out the issue, please report back. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
frances
Community Member

Also encountered the same problem. Canvas on android can see pdf files, but not pptx, nor xlsx. "This version of Office doesn't support this file format". The Office apps on my Android have no trouble except when I go through Canvas Android. Any help appreciated. Fortunately converting files to pdf format allows them to open. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes