cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sderosesmith
Community Member

Students disappeared from Canvas class?

Jump to solution

Help! My students seem to have disappeared from my class. I discovered this when I went to grade an assignment and it shows 0/10 assignments graded, but when I click on it, no assignments appear. Only "test student" appears. What can I do to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sderosesmith  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  For the course in question, was this a previous course from last semester, or are you looking at a current course that you'll be teaching this semester?  When you go to the "People" page of your course, are your students listed there?  Also, while you are on your "People" page, if you do not see your students listed, click on the three dots icon ("kabob" icon) located at the top right corner of the screen, and then select "View Prior Enrollments".  Are your students listed there instead?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12994-415257138 

If you do not see students listed in either of the screens within "People", I would recommend that you reach out to someone at your school who is a local Canvas administrator to see why your enrollments are not showing up in your course any more.  They may need to help get your students re-loaded into your course ... based on what your school has set for enrollment policies inside of Canvas.

I hope this helps, Shana.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sderosesmith  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  For the course in question, was this a previous course from last semester, or are you looking at a current course that you'll be teaching this semester?  When you go to the "People" page of your course, are your students listed there?  Also, while you are on your "People" page, if you do not see your students listed, click on the three dots icon ("kabob" icon) located at the top right corner of the screen, and then select "View Prior Enrollments".  Are your students listed there instead?  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12994-415257138 

If you do not see students listed in either of the screens within "People", I would recommend that you reach out to someone at your school who is a local Canvas administrator to see why your enrollments are not showing up in your course any more.  They may need to help get your students re-loaded into your course ... based on what your school has set for enrollment policies inside of Canvas.

I hope this helps, Shana.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! This fixed my problem! I am very grateful for your help!

Shana

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 1:28 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <

Awesome!  Glad I could help,  @sderosesmith !