Students emailed file to me when submission failed

Jump to solution
adriant_oconnor
Community Novice

I set up an assignment for a short test requiring the students to upload a file to submit. Some students failed to submit their assignment and instead emailed me their file. Is there a way I can now "attach these files" to the students assignment record as their submissions, without changing the close time of the assignment and getting them to retry submission.

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @adriant_oconnor  and welcome to the Community.  There are a couple of things you might try.  First, there is an idea currently open to allow an instructor to submit an assignment on behalf of students, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1124-submit-an-assignment-on-behalf-of-a-student" modifiedtitl....  I encourage you to vote this up as it would probably be the best solution for what you would like to do.

As far as just adding the file for a record of the submission, you could do this with the SpeedGrader interface (see How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?).  In the comment box you can attach the file and then note that you are attaching the original submission (with day/time if you like) for record keeping.

Might the second approach work for you? 

View solution in original post