cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberrol
Surveyor

Students get notifications after Term End Date?

I am sorry if this is repeated in another forum; however, I had difficulty assuming and choosing keywords. My Question: When a Teacher adds or edits an Assignment to a Course in a Term that has passed its Term End Date, do the Students in the People list receive a notice of the change even if the Term End Date has passed? The reason that I ask is because a Teacher wants to re-assess student work using a different Rubric in the Muted Canvas Assignment in a course offered in a prior Term. Will former Students receive a Notification for an EDITED Muted Assignment even if the Term has passed the Term End Date? Will former Students receive a Notification for a NEW Muted Assignment even if the Term has passed the Term End Date? Thank you. RLR

7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi roberrol​...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since September 30th.  It appears that you have possibly stumped Canvas Community members.  Since your initial question, have you been able to come up with any answers/solutions on your own?  If so, could you please come back to this post and share what you've found?  Looking forward to hearing from you, Royce!

No worries. Someone sent me an answer, but I don't recall how...eMail, smoke signals?? Question answered. Thanks for following up.

Actually, I have the same question yet the answer is not posted here... Can we change this from "Answered" to not answered?

Hi roberrol,

As John has the same query, could you possibly share what the resolution was? It would be great to know for the future as well!
Cheers,
Stuart

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, roberrol...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I wanted to check in with you.  It looks like another Canvas Community member is looking for a similar solution to what you initially asked back in September 2016.   @stuart_ryan  had checked in with you a couple months ago as well.  I know it's been a couple years since you first posted this question, but if you can recall what the solution was that you found so that  @jbraverm  and other Community members would be able to learn from this, that would be awesome!  I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered" for the time being because we've not seen much new activity in this topic.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Royce.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

roberrol
Surveyor

Hello, All, 

As far as I can tell, as the instructor, I receive the Announcement and so do the students. This is given: term end date is passed, course end date is passed, and checkbox is checked.  Unless someone has evidence otherwise...

R

olsona
Learner

My testing showed that students did not get announcements or grade notifications.