cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner II

Students having trouble viewing assignment feedback

Jump to solution

I've had a number of students contact me who have struggled to view their teachers' annotations when viewing feedback on graded assignments (as explained in these instructions How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?).

This is clearly just a problem with the size of the preview window, but I'm not aware if that window size can be changed via custom css. Has anyone else dealt with this complaint?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Team
Community Team

Hi martha@wolseyhalloxford.org.uk

In my previous role as a Canvas Administrator I can say yes, my staff and I helped students with this all the time.  The nice thing is we usually only had to show students once and then they shared with everyone they knew!

Because there is an extra step in viewing the annotations it is not as intuitive as students are accustomed to with Canvas.  You might want to consider commenting and voting for the following feature idea.

There is also a good thread of conversation and tips here

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Hi martha@wolseyhalloxford.org.uk

In my previous role as a Canvas Administrator I can say yes, my staff and I helped students with this all the time.  The nice thing is we usually only had to show students once and then they shared with everyone they knew!

Because there is an extra step in viewing the annotations it is not as intuitive as students are accustomed to with Canvas.  You might want to consider commenting and voting for the following feature idea.

There is also a good thread of conversation and tips here

View solution in original post

Community Member

We've had this problem as well with viewing instructor comments and peer reviewing assignments after clicking the "View Feedback" button. The student Crocodoc window is so small that some students cannot often see the full text and comments at the same time, let alone attempt to make comments themselves. When trying to zoom in, comments have even been floating around the page and not showing a trail back to the original text. Is there any way to make it full size like the view for teachers? For students, there's a ton of white space on the side but the middle window stays the same size. Like martha@wolseyhalloxford.org.uk​ mentioned, has anyone customized CSS or some setting to help this?