Students not having authorization to see Content

Jump to solution
ymartija
Community Novice

I published a module within in my Canvas classroom, however the students are saying they are unable to access the content. They continue to receive messaging stating they are authorized. However, I have checked my class list, unpublished/re-published the module, and copied the module, with no luck. Can someone please advise on how to proceed? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @ymartija  Welcome to the Canvas Community! This is going to be tricky to troubleshoot at a distance, because there might be a number of reasons for this. Generally speaking, when all students report that they are receiving "unauthorized" errors when attempting to view content, the most likely cause is that the instructor has placed links to content in a different course in the module; the teacher can see the content because they are enrolled in the other course, but students cannot. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please ask Canvas Support to have a look at the module (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌ provides general instructions, but your school may have customized the support pathway they would like instructors to follow).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes