cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Studio Upload Problem

I made a screen recording using Studio and it will not let me upload it. I get a message about being on a restricted network (which I am not). I am using MAC OS. I do not see any option to export the video to a local folder. I was able to find the local recording, but apparently many files get made when you do this and none of them are .mp4 or the like. I exported the recording from history to a cloud location so I could try to upload from Windows. But now I cannot import... Any suggestions?  

Tags (2)
18 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

We are seeing this same issue with users on Macs today. We will likely report this to Canvas Support, but wanted you to know that you're not alone.

Melissa

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Matt,

Were you using Firefox when creating the recording? We found that our users having issues were on MacOS and the latest version of Firefox. If you were on Ff, have you tried Chrome?

Thanks!

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I was using Chrome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I am having the same problem and it does it no matter whether I am on Firefox and Chrome and I even tried Safari. This has created problems for me as well as other instructors and students at my university. It is incredibly frustrating as I teach online classes and now even my face-to-face section is having to go to online for at least the first two weeks after spring break due to the Caronavirus pandemic. I have no virus protection software active on this computer and it still comes back with the message asking if I am on a restricted network, which I am not. Perhaps someone at Canvas needs to talk t someone at Screen-cast-omatic and figure out the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Could you download OBS Studio and create recordings with that software and upload the MP4 to studio? 

There are tutorials on youtube for OBS Studio. You would add a screen source and a web cam source and can arrange the scene however you want. I use this software a lot and it works well when studio/screen-cast-o-matic is throwing fits.

Highlighted

Thank you for this suggestion - you solved my problem!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi mmacarty@babson.edu‌, mroach@uta.edu‌, and newgaard@iastate.edu‌, could you please submit a case to our Support team the next time you run into this error? They will be able to look into it further for you.

Thanks!

Emily

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Emily,

I do have a case open with Canvas Support regarding this issue: 05309071. I am awaiting additional information.

Thank you,

Melissa

Labels