cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kburkes
Explorer

Sub-Account Admin Permissions

Jump to solution

New users, setting up our system.  Is there any way to modify the permissions that sub-account admins have?  For example, it looks like sub-account admins have access to the Admin > Permissions area, including modify permission for all course and account roles above them.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi kburkes‌,

You can most definitely alter permissions in your Sub-Accounts. Here's a good guide for what permissions affect whatYou may also be interested in the How do I create account-level roles? as well as the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10781 guides. Smiley Happy 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi kburkes‌,

You can most definitely alter permissions in your Sub-Accounts. Here's a good guide for what permissions affect whatYou may also be interested in the How do I create account-level roles? as well as the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10781 guides. Smiley Happy 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

wquintero
Community Member

Buenas tardes

Puedes ingresar a permisos, roles de cuenta, allí te ubicas en el perfil deseado, y en la primera linea que dice agregar otros administradores le das bloquear.

Espero que te sirva

Feliz día

Google Translation:

Good afternoon

You can enter permissions, account roles, there you are located in the desired profile, and in the first line that says add other administrators you give block.

Hope this can help you

Happy day
dwillmore
Learner II

You can moderate the permissions, but you may find that the permissions are not granular enough to satisfy your needs.  I would like to know what you think.

I do know that permission granularity is on the Instructure list of to-dos, but it is one of the big projects that will take some time to complete.

This is true, and you may have already seen this: https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas/priority-granular-permissions/pages/home ... but I am posting it here for anyone else who may not have seen it yet.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kburkes...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community on September 11, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from Deactivated user,  @wquintero , and  @dwillmore ?  Did any of those responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your initial question?  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this thread to post an update for the Community.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you for two months and because there hasn't been much new activity in this thread for a while.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Kate!

Yes, we have worked it out.  I will mark it as requested.  Thanks!