Submitting and Marking Assignment as Done

Jump to solution
RStroup15
Community Member

I teach both in-class and virtual students with the same assignments on Canvas, however, my in-class students receive paper copies whereas the virtual students are given a digital copy. Is there a way for an assignment to have both a Submission and a Mark as Done? This is my first year using Canvas instead of Google Classroom (which allows students to submit either way). I know there is an option for a Text Box Entry alongside the Online Submission, but it would be nice if my in-class students did not have to type "Turned In" or "Completed on Paper" every time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy! Great question.

You technically can, but I don't think it might be as you are imagining. Let's me describe... You can set your assignment to no submission, paper submission or online (whatever your preference). If it's for your in-person students, I would recommend either Paper or No submission setting.

Making a module requirement/mark as done.

Then in Modules, go to the module where the assignment is located. Edit the module, select +Add requirement. In the dropdown find the assignment and in the right dropdown, select mark as done. Click on Update Module. This is what students would do/see to Mark Done.

This is how you would see the progress of students in your class for Modules/requirements.

So, not really perhaps the same way that you intend.

Sky V.

View solution in original post