cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Submitting assignments - can I do it for students?

Jump to solution

Can I load work for a student, into their 'account' for a subject?#submitting assignments

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Lesley,

No it is not possible for an instructor to submit an assignment on behalf of a student.  An Admin in your Canvas instance is able to "act as a user" and in that case could.  I would only consider that to be an option under very special circumstances though.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Lesley,

No it is not possible for an instructor to submit an assignment on behalf of a student.  An Admin in your Canvas instance is able to "act as a user" and in that case could.  I would only consider that to be an option under very special circumstances though.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for that. I thought that was the case. I have students emailing me things, and have been saying "If you can email the file, you can submit the file'. I've even done a picture by picture guide for how to submit a file …. I've just got two trying to argue they have done something when speedgrader says they haven't. I suspect there's going to be hissy fits, as I've suggested that hitting Submit might have been forgotten...

Lesley Jolly

Teacher

Devonport High School // 91 Best Street Devonport TAS 7310

Phone: 03 6424 9461 // Fax: 03 6424 6621

Highlighted

perhaps trying posting this guide for the students  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539-421241972 

Rick