Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bb198
Community Member

Subscribing to Individual Discussion Posts

Jump to solution

Hello,

I understand that a student can "Subscribe" to a Discussion topic and thread. However, I (as a student) am unable to subscribe to an actual Discussion post within a topic/thread.

At the moment, in order to view posts that other students have made in response to me, or posts that I have made to others--I have to physically scroll through the whole thread/topic (sometimes an excess of 200+ original and reply responses) to get to the actual Discussion post I would like to view/respond to.

Is there a new Canvas feature, hopefully in the near future, in the works that will solve this issue?

Students should have the option to "Subscribe" to individual Discussion posts made by themselves and others, as well as, choosing to "Subscribe" to the topic/thread. Thus, Notifications to the student will be more specific, and save time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my idea/grievance.

Regards,

Brittany

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bb198 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for bringing up this feature.  What you have been described has been proposed a number of times.  There currently is an idea open for this ability, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12150-activity-that-involves-you" modifiedtitle="true" title="....  I believe this described what you would like to see in Canvas, would you agree?  If so you might consider voting this idea up and/or adding your comment to the growing discussion thread on the page.

All the best! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bb198 and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for bringing up this feature.  What you have been described has been proposed a number of times.  There currently is an idea open for this ability, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12150-activity-that-involves-you" modifiedtitle="true" title="....  I believe this described what you would like to see in Canvas, would you agree?  If so you might consider voting this idea up and/or adding your comment to the growing discussion thread on the page.

All the best! 

View solution in original post

bb198
Community Member

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I will definitely vote for the idea you linked to,

Regards,

Brittany