Sudden Poor Video Resolution

Jump to solution
sharked
Community Novice

Between today and yesterday, something has changed with video resolution (screen quality) such that my video uploads through Studio are much lower quality resolution AND I can no longer see the "gearbox" icon showing "high," "medium," and "low" .mp4 quality.  I'm wondering if Canvas/Instructure has changed something on the backend which is affecting video resolution.

The image quality on my videos is not acceptable (maps cannot be read). 

0 Likes
1 Solution
sharked
Community Novice
Author

Update:  received this message this morning from Canvas Support which confirms the problem described in 2nd post above.  Give it some time...took 6 hours for my uploaded videos to appear at high resolution yesterday!

"Thanks for contacting Canvas Support. I understand that you encountered some behavior within Studio where videos that you uploaded had a significantly lower resolution or quality than you were used to.

When the videos are first uploaded they are placed into a queue of videos to be processed. The initial processing of the video when uploading allows for the video to simply be viewed within Canvas/Studio and as time goes on they should see an increase in quality. In addition to this I do see that your uploaded videos in your course that came linked to this ticket are currently playing for me at the highest quality. These videos do also show a gear icon in the lower right corner of the video player and viewers can select this gear icon to choose video quality.

Have a great day,

Kyle Vincent
L1 Canvas Support"

View solution in original post

0 Likes