cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Explorer III

Can someone answer a question for me...

When setting up a survey, the faculty does not want students to see any other responses. Not even an aggregate of responses. Should he...

1) Simply use the "everyone" to distribute the survey, or...

2) Set up a Group Assignment and assign each student the survey as an 'assignment'.

Thanks for any suggestions...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rgibson1...

I'm not sure if I am interpreting your question correctly or not, but I'll give it a shot (please correct me if I am wrong)...  I'm assuming you're asking about setting up a survey via the "Quizzes" feature of Canvas.  When you say "everyone", are you asking about the "Assign to" area in the quiz/survey settings?  If so, that doesn't mean that all students are going to see the survey responses of the other students in the course.  It just means that the survey is available to everyone in the course.  Just like a quiz, students would not be able to see the answers of other students that have also taken the quiz.  You may want to keep the option of "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)" unchecked in the survey settings.  That way, only you can see the responses.  And, you could also make the survey anonymous if you wanted.

I hope this helps to answer your question, Rob.  Again, my apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rgibson1...

I'm not sure if I am interpreting your question correctly or not, but I'll give it a shot (please correct me if I am wrong)...  I'm assuming you're asking about setting up a survey via the "Quizzes" feature of Canvas.  When you say "everyone", are you asking about the "Assign to" area in the quiz/survey settings?  If so, that doesn't mean that all students are going to see the survey responses of the other students in the course.  It just means that the survey is available to everyone in the course.  Just like a quiz, students would not be able to see the answers of other students that have also taken the quiz.  You may want to keep the option of "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)" unchecked in the survey settings.  That way, only you can see the responses.  And, you could also make the survey anonymous if you wanted.

I hope this helps to answer your question, Rob.  Again, my apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Perfect Chris. You interpreted that question exactly correct. Thanks!