Highlighted
Community Member

Sync Duplicates

I have created a blueprint course and I just did sync. I notice that when I sync it will create some duplicates within the modules. How can I stop it from duplicating the content? It will be the discussion, quizzes, and assignments alike.

How can I stop the duplicates from being created?  

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello bklane@etmc.org...

I'm not too sure of an answer for you on this one, but I suspect that kblack@dom.edu‌ may be able to help provide an answer.  He has written a wonderful blog post called Tips for Designing and Maintaining Blueprint Courses‌ which you should definitely check out if you haven't yet.  He's got lots of helpful resources in there...including links to other blogs from lindalee@wharton.upenn.edu.  Hopefully, Ken will be able to give you some guidance with your question.  Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for the shout-out, chofer@morainepark.edu .  Unfortunately, I don't have enough faculty at my own institution using Modules to be able to have a good example of when I've seen this, bklane@etmc.org.  That's pretty odd behavior regardless of whether the course has modules or not, though. 

Stupid question, I know, but I have to ask it:  were the associated courses in question completely blank before you did the sync the first time?  In other words, it is at all possible some material was already there from a previous term where the course was taught?  That's about the only thing I can think of that might cause this behavior.  I just tried doing a few things on some sample course sites, and nothing worked with actually duplicating content.  I thought perhaps suddenly changing the locked items in the blueprint master course might have possibly caused a behavior like this (such as the instructor modifying some content in a module on his/her own, changing the blueprint locked items on the master, and then doing another sync with new content), but no dice...at least not on the samples that I tried.  

The odd thing is where you say "some" duplicates.  That's what makes me wonder if there was already content in the associated courses, but off-hand I'm afraid I do not have a could case study in seeing that.....though I'll keep thinking!

Labels