cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Sync a calendar to multiple classes

Jump to solution

I teach 5 sections of Band and I would like to share my calendar with all 5 groups of kids. Since the calendar is the same for all classes I would like to share the information. Is there a way to do this? Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi adambryant@lovingtonschools.net,

I have had a look into this and have a couple of thoughts. Firstly I would like to check, do you have all the students in one course and five different sections in that course, or do you have five separate courses set up?

With the former, the events in the Course Calendar should all ready show up in each section (if you are using events on the calendar), for Assignments they will show up on any calendar for a student who's section the assignment is assigned to.

If it is the latter (five separate courses), you could leverage blueprint courses (if they are enabled at your school). In the Blueprint course, you would set up all content that is standard across the five courses, (i.e items that would not change in any of the child courses), and apply the blueprint across them.

Do either of those sound like what you are looking for? Would love to hear more to make sure I have understood this correctly.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi adambryant@lovingtonschools.net,

I have had a look into this and have a couple of thoughts. Firstly I would like to check, do you have all the students in one course and five different sections in that course, or do you have five separate courses set up?

With the former, the events in the Course Calendar should all ready show up in each section (if you are using events on the calendar), for Assignments they will show up on any calendar for a student who's section the assignment is assigned to.

If it is the latter (five separate courses), you could leverage blueprint courses (if they are enabled at your school). In the Blueprint course, you would set up all content that is standard across the five courses, (i.e items that would not change in any of the child courses), and apply the blueprint across them.

Do either of those sound like what you are looking for? Would love to hear more to make sure I have understood this correctly.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Stuart

View solution in original post