cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephanie_lay
Community Member

Syncing scores as percents?

Jump to solution

When syncing Canvas scores to Skyward (pass back), can they transfer as percents rather than the actual score? If so, how? I know I can change that in Skyward but I'm hoping to find this alternative to make things easier (for multiple reasons that are hard to explain Smiley Wink).

Thank you, in advance!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbreinholt
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @stephanie_lay ‌,

We currently only sync the raw numerical score. I would reach out to Skyward if the percentage is needed on that particular screen to ask them why it doesn't display as percentage there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Greetings  @stephanie_lay  

There are a couple guides you may find helpful.  

How do I sync grades to Skyward in the Gradebook? and Instructor Help: Using Skyward in Canvas 

The primary note I found in the latter guide is "Quiz grades are set as point values when sent to Skyward."

Are your assignments in Canvas set to grade as percentages now?  If so, are they not passing through to Skyward in that manner? 

stephanie_lay
Community Member

Thank you for your reply!  My grades in Canvas are set as percents, yes, but they don't transfer to Skyward as percents - they show up as point values (see image below).  There is definitely a work-around in Skyward to change the scores to percents for some screens but one screen of Skyward (the one I use to help students determine where to concentrate their efforts first when trying to bring up their grades) shows point values all the time.  That  makes it hard to determine which scores are higher and which lower without actually computing the percent myself.   Maybe I should make a request of Skyward.  Smiley Wink  

346560_pastedImage_5.png

Also, I'll be looking over those two guides to see if I can find any other useful gems - thank you!!

~Stephanie~

jbreinholt
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @stephanie_lay ‌,

We currently only sync the raw numerical score. I would reach out to Skyward if the percentage is needed on that particular screen to ask them why it doesn't display as percentage there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you, Jed!   I like the "currently" portion of your reply.  Smiley Wink  Please consider it for the future?   

Next stop, Skyward!   

Thanks again!

Stephanie