Highlighted
Community Member

Teacher has lost EDIT rights

Jump to solution

A Teacher for several years has lost the EDIT button, top right side, on Syllabus. Nothing is displayed on Pages. All Courses in the Dashboard are greyed out.

Teacher unable to Edit

Teacher unable to EditTeacher unable to Edit

When I Act as User, I see the EDIT button, all items on Pages, and all Courses are displayed and editable in the Dashboard.

Teacher unable to Edit333920_Acting as User 2.pngTeacher unable to Edit

Is there anyone available to help?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

I suppose it could be LDAP related.  I'm pretty far over my depth there.  I was able to confirm that she appears to be correctly enrolled with a teacher role.  If you haven't already I would recommend you also file a case and escalate to Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Robert,

Have you double checked the user's role in the course?  Do they have the same experience in all classes?  Have you tried removing her from the course and re-adding?

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for replying Scott.

Yes to all except I personally didn't re-add the user but the Programme Leader did. I might try to re-add them to see if there is an issue with the Leader's permissions.

Highlighted
Learner II

No problem, Robert.  If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Highlighted
Community Member

I tried the re-adding of the user but that didn't solve the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The Teacher has tried different browsers so we're going to try the re-adding now...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Hmm, the browser was going to be my next suggestion...   I am guessing that you and she are not logging in from the same location.  Is is possible that there is an issue with her operating system or network settings?  Do we know if it matters if she logs in from a different location/computer?  Sort of grasping at straws here...

Highlighted
Community Member

Scott,

She works normally outside the Institute, so she hasn't tried to login here. The next time when the module starts is on  the 14th, I'm hoping to meet up with her then and see if the problem still occurs on campus.

I wouldn't think OS or network would have any affect on her permissions. But what about LDAP?

Highlighted
Learner II

I suppose it could be LDAP related.  I'm pretty far over my depth there.  I was able to confirm that she appears to be correctly enrolled with a teacher role.  If you haven't already I would recommend you also file a case and escalate to Canvas Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos