cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewagner
Community Member

Teacher mobile application

Jump to solution

In the canvas mobile application for teachers, has the "grades comments files" bar now moved to the bottom of the page instead previously on the right of the page?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ewagner ‌,

I stand corrected. It appears there has been a small change with the recent update to Canvas Teacher. When using an iPad in landscape mode, the bar is stuck to the right. If you turn the device to be vertical, the bar is at the bottom and you need to swipe it up to interact with Grades:Comments:Files. This is how it works on an iPhone. 

There has been a request to hide the bar in vertical view so it would allow users to annotate full screen, and it looks like it's now there. Thanks for sharing! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ewagner ‌, 

The bar is at the bottom on smaller devices, such as an iPhone, but is to the right on larger devices, like an iPad. This has been the design since day one and hasn't changed recently. If you are seeing something different, please let me know. Thanks. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ewagner ‌,

I stand corrected. It appears there has been a small change with the recent update to Canvas Teacher. When using an iPad in landscape mode, the bar is stuck to the right. If you turn the device to be vertical, the bar is at the bottom and you need to swipe it up to interact with Grades:Comments:Files. This is how it works on an iPhone. 

There has been a request to hide the bar in vertical view so it would allow users to annotate full screen, and it looks like it's now there. Thanks for sharing! 

View solution in original post