Teacher uploading student work samples

Jump to solution
smariani
Community Novice

I am very new to this so I am sorry if this is an obvious question. 

Is it possible for a teacher to mark a paper copy of a writing task, give it a mark ( submissions/paper), then snap a photograph of it and upload it? I can see the children can respond to assignments and add things yet can we as a teacher on our logon do it? 

Or..where/ how can we ( as the teacher) add samples of their work that align with the results? 

2 Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@smariani , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community!

If you can get students to submit their work to Canvas then my recommendation would be to mark up a paper in Canvas using the DocViewer functionality in Speedgrader - How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader?  Doing this will allow students to both view your feedback in Canvas and download and/or print it off as well. 

Otherwise, if students are submitting assignments on paper, yes, you can make marks on the paper and then either take a picture or use a free app (like CamScanner) to scan the paper to PDF, and then upload it to Canvas for each student. This guide explains how you can do this in Speedgrader - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12746-415255023 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

KaySimon
Community Member

Hello, I see you mention CamScanner? As far as I know, an application is insecure, contains malware, is there a substitute for it?

View solution in original post

0 Likes