Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Terms in Sub-Accounts

Jump to solution

We recently created our first sub-account in Canvas, and when we go in there, it lists every term in our root account.

Is there a way to have it only display terms created specifically for that sub-account?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Kelley,

Welcome to the wonderful world of sub accounts‌.  We have been using sub accounts for a while now and unfortunately there is not away to only view terms for a specific account. 

When you go into a sub account take a look at the left hand menu the Term menu option is no longer available for you to select from.   

313162_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Kelley,

Welcome to the wonderful world of sub accounts‌.  We have been using sub accounts for a while now and unfortunately there is not away to only view terms for a specific account. 

When you go into a sub account take a look at the left hand menu the Term menu option is no longer available for you to select from.   

313162_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks bneporadny@southcollegetn.edu !

We have never needed them before, because we are a small school and simply used non-instructional terms as our organization option.  HR approached us about using Canvas for more organized professional development offerings and needed more permission than we were willing to grant for our root account, and this seemed like the best option.

It's all good, but I just wanted to verify that I had not missed anything in the set-up.

Kelley

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Kelley,

Yes, I agree with you. We use and abuse sub-accounts as we work with different university partners. We are giving access to university partner staff with a custom admin role to their sub-account. So, to make it easier for them to search for a term that pertains to their sub-account, it would help to only display the correct terms for them. Maybe terms should be added at the sub-account level the same way courses and people live under sub-accounts. I'll submit a feature idea now. Please upvote it when you can Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Dominique

0 Kudos
Highlighted
0 Kudos