cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Test Advice needed on redirecting canvas url to a new vanity URL

Hi All,

Has anyone worked on redirecting there canvas URL to a custom vanity URL in their production environment and if yes can we please connect as I am interested on the testing performed and the issues to look out for.

We are currently working on redirecting our current production URL ( <uni name>.instructure.com ) to canvas vanity URL ( for ex canvas.<uni name>.edu.au) and testing this in non production environment.

Would love to connect if someone has performed similar change.

Thanks

Aurnob

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Aurnob,

My Institution has a vanity url with Canvas.  While we did this prior to going live on Canvas we didn't have any issues getting it implemented and didn't really do any testing as it is just another #url listed in your settings under Canvas Cloud Information. 

Hope this helps.

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your response. Much appreciated.

I believe its a small change too but we are implementing this after we have gone live. Hence was bit careful about credly configuration ( which is a third party microcredential LTI) and turnitin assignments working as expected.

Thanks

Aurnob 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

aurnob.bhattacharya@rmit.edu.au,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels