cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camillecorson
Community Member

Test student?

Jump to solution

I am just beginning setting tasks and developing my markbook (used to use google classroom) How can I test the work I have set- I have a "test student" listed in my class and in my markbook.

Thanks,Camille

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @camillecorson  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are wondering how to access the "Student View" in your course, please check out the following Guide: How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

I hope this will help, Camille.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @camillecorson  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are wondering how to access the "Student View" in your course, please check out the following Guide: How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

I hope this will help, Camille.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

No, I actually mean, doing the task (as if a student in my class), so I can test if the google drawing task works smoothly, how it looks when its submitted. etc. 

Thanks 

@camillecorson ...

Thank you for the additional information.  Actually, you might still be able to use "Student View" for this.  I say "might" because I'm not completely sure if you'll be able to access the Google drawing via "Student View"...so you'll have to try this from your end.  (I've never used Google drawing tasks before.)  So, use "Student View" to go into your assignment, try to submit it like a normal assignment in Canvas, and see if it works.  Another option for you would be to speak with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone in your school's Online Learning / eLearning department to see if they might be able to help do some testing with you.

I hope this helps, Camille.

Thanks Chris, will try what you advise.