Test student?

Jump to solution
camillecorson
Community Novice

I am just beginning setting tasks and developing my markbook (used to use google classroom) How can I test the work I have set- I have a "test student" listed in my class and in my markbook.

Thanks,Camille

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @camillecorson  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are wondering how to access the "Student View" in your course, please check out the following Guide: How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

I hope this will help, Camille.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chadscott
Community Contributor

Howdy,

@mmeehan when in student view, at the bottom of the screen in the pink bar, the "Reset student view" button will remove all things done by the test student and reset it back to default state.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-a-course-as-a-test-student-using-S...

Cheers,
Chad Scott
Katy ISD

Hi @mmeehan ...

Something else that you can try (besides what @chadscott mentioned) is to go into your course "Settings" page and then click on the "Sections" tab.  Then, under the "Course Sections" heading, click on the link that lists your course.  A listing of all students in your course will load under "Current Enrollments".  You should see one for "Student, Test" with a long string of alpha-numeric characters.  Hover your mouse over that one, and you might see a red/white "x" icon.  If you click on the "x" icon, this would remove "Student, Test" from your course completely...until you start using the "Test Student" role again...which would re-add this "fake" student back to your course.  Rinse and repeat to get rid of "Student, Test" again.

I hope that helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!