cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elzarki
Community Member

Testing a Quiz before releasing to students

HI:

I am interested to try a dry run on a quiz. I cant seem to be able to assign myself or a TA to the quiz so that we can try it out? I dont want to put a quiz online without first testing the environment and making sure I know what the students will see and how they can respond and what file uploads they can do in response to some questions. Has anyone been able to set it up so that they can do a dry run on a quiz before assigning it to the students?

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @elzarki ...

Happy New Year!  Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here since the middle of June without a response.  I'm a little confused by your question.  Why not just use the "Student View" to preview the quiz?  How do I view a course as a test student using Stu... - Canvas Community  You would see exactly what it looks like from a student perspective.  Or, you could see if your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department would be willing to create a "dummy" student in your course where you could use that login to essentially masquerade as a student and take the quiz (which would be the same as using the "Student View").

As far as the file uploads portion of your question...  the first paragraph in the blue box at the top of this Guide, How do I create a File Upload quiz question? - Canvas Community, outlines some of the common file types that students should be able to attach to your quiz questions.

Do you think these options will work for your needs?  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.  Take care, and be well.