cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmkane
Community Member

Text Submission

Jump to solution

I have a student who submitted a writing assignment to me over email after I had made the assignment unavailable online. Is there any way to upload his file into Canvas so it appears in-line in Speed Grader like every other submission? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@wmkane ​, teachers cannot currently submit assignments on behalf of students. There are a few ways to have the student's submission appear in SpeedGrader:

1. You can change the parameters of the assignment's due dates, using the Differentiated Assignments feature, so that this one student can re-submit his writing assignment directly through the assignment submission interface. For details on how to accomplish this, refer to the lessons  What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?​ and How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section? .After you have the assignment reconfigured according to the instructions in the lesson, you can ask the student to resubmit the writing assignment; no other student will be able to.

2. Someone with admin privileges at your school can masquerade as the student and submit the assignment on his or her behalf. Many schools have policies in place that do not allow this, so you'll need to check to see if your school will accommodate you on this.

There's also an archived feature idea to which you might want to add your feedback:   According to the commentary, its implementation is on the radar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@wmkane ​, teachers cannot currently submit assignments on behalf of students. There are a few ways to have the student's submission appear in SpeedGrader:

1. You can change the parameters of the assignment's due dates, using the Differentiated Assignments feature, so that this one student can re-submit his writing assignment directly through the assignment submission interface. For details on how to accomplish this, refer to the lessons  What do Differentiated Assignments look like in Canvas?​ and How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section? .After you have the assignment reconfigured according to the instructions in the lesson, you can ask the student to resubmit the writing assignment; no other student will be able to.

2. Someone with admin privileges at your school can masquerade as the student and submit the assignment on his or her behalf. Many schools have policies in place that do not allow this, so you'll need to check to see if your school will accommodate you on this.

There's also an archived feature idea to which you might want to add your feedback:   According to the commentary, its implementation is on the radar.

View solution in original post