Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Text annotations not rendering in PDFs

Jump to solution

Hi

I am having difficulty seeing text (big T) annotations in the pdf you can download from the Docviewer screen in SpeedGrader.  All other annotations appear in the pdf.  Have tried in Chrome and  IE but both are the same result.    Any ideas on ways to see the text annotations??

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello isobel.williams@gmail.com  Have you tried opening the downloaded file in a separate program other than the browser itself?  I just checked this in Chrome, and when the file downloads and appears in a Chrome browser window I cannot see the text annotations.  However, if I open the downloaded file in Acrobat Reader DC I can see the text annotations.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello isobel.williams@gmail.com  Have you tried opening the downloaded file in a separate program other than the browser itself?  I just checked this in Chrome, and when the file downloads and appears in a Chrome browser window I cannot see the text annotations.  However, if I open the downloaded file in Acrobat Reader DC I can see the text annotations.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

+1 on ericwerth's comments.  There are a ton of applications that can open PDF files and they all tend to treat comments a little differently than the others.  As Eric mentioned, Chrome always trys to display downloaded PDF files in the browser and won't display comments.  EDGE works that same way but I'm not positive about IE.  Download a copy of Adobe Acrobat and when the file downloads from Chrome, click the triangle next to it to select View Folder Location.  Then open the file in Adobe Acrobat to get the best experience with viewing comments.  

Rick 

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi ericwerth‌ and rmurchshafer@unomaha.edu

I went to the folder and opened the download in Adobe Acrobat and it worked! (after I had enabled all features).

I will explain this to the teachers involved - they have to send annotated assignments to a third party for moderation (outside the education dept)   So I hope that it will satisfy them.  Everyone has Adobe Acrobat pdf reader.   

Thank you for your help.

Isobel