cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

The assignment is part of a unpublished module and is not available yet?

I'm using an external tool (launchpad) for assignments. I have set the due date, dates of availability, and published the assignment. But some of my students are receiving a message saying "The assignment is part of a unpublished module and is not available yet" while other students are not. This is evidenced by the points they received in the grade book after completion of the assignment.  I also get this message while in student view.  How do I resolve this issue?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

wbattinich@csuchico.edu 

Could you please clarify? Is the assignment in an unpublished module? If so, then that is likely the source of the problem.

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi William Battinich,

It sounds like there is more than one way for students to access the assignment, since you indicate that some students are able to access and submit, while other get the 'Unpublished Module' notification.

I would make sure that the only access to the LaunchPad assignment is the one intended, and that there are no other means, or placements for access. For example, if your intended access is via a deployment/link in a Module, make sure that is the only open access to the assignment ('Assignments' are hidden from students in the course menu, but the specific assignment is 'published') and that both the deployed link in the module is 'published', as well as the Module in which it is placed... or the other way around... available via 'Assignments' only, with NO deployments to any 'unpublished' modules.

I hope this is helpful.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

battinichwork@gmail.com,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

You have to check everywhere the assignment shows up. For me, it shows in assignments, quizzes and modules. While it was published under assignments and quizzes, it somehow fell into an unpublished module. It was easiest to create a module, publish it and drag all the assignments I wanted the students to see into that module. I've never had that problem since. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi wbattinich@csuchico.edu‌, this issue happened to me this morning as well! So after I looked into the issue, I found that the course shell appeared with the "The assignment is part of a unpublished module and is not available yet" information is a shell associated with a blueprint shell, and the assignment page in the blueprint shell was not published. Once you publish the assignment page in the blueprint shell, the issue should be resolved immediately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 4.46.10 PM.png

Any idea why my student assignment would say this when I know and see that the assignment is already published?  I've clicked "published" and it still says it's not published in the kids assignment when they open it. 

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels