cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejhend194
Community Member

The link my professor gave me won't open

Jump to solution

My teacher sent me this link to an article that I need to read and answer questions on. However, every time I click on it, it says that I am not authorized to look at it and it told me to come on here for help. What should I do? Any answer would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ejhend194  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is entirely possible that your instructor has pasted in a link from a different course (one that you're not enrolled in) into the course you are asking about.  Generally speaking, this is not always a good idea...especially if the link is pointing to content in a different course that you do not have access to.  Have you reached out to your instructor to let him/her know that the link is not working?  You can do this by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left hand side global navigation menu and then choosing "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  See How do I get help with Canvas as a student? for more information.  Also, your instructor might want to consider running the link validator tool in his/her course.  This tool would let the instructor know that there are possible links pointing to other courses which need to be fixed.  Here is a Guide for your instructor on this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12770-4152476605 Please feel free to pass this link along to your instructor.

I hope this helps, Erin!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ejhend194  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is entirely possible that your instructor has pasted in a link from a different course (one that you're not enrolled in) into the course you are asking about.  Generally speaking, this is not always a good idea...especially if the link is pointing to content in a different course that you do not have access to.  Have you reached out to your instructor to let him/her know that the link is not working?  You can do this by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left hand side global navigation menu and then choosing "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  See How do I get help with Canvas as a student? for more information.  Also, your instructor might want to consider running the link validator tool in his/her course.  This tool would let the instructor know that there are possible links pointing to other courses which need to be fixed.  Here is a Guide for your instructor on this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12770-4152476605 Please feel free to pass this link along to your instructor.

I hope this helps, Erin!

View solution in original post