cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

The points I assign for quiz does not show up

I follow the instruction and assign the points for my quiz question. The points did not show up in quiz, nor in gradebook. How to fix this?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, ya-yun.kao@rice.edu‌!

A few troubleshooting questions for you,

• after putting a point value for each question, did you click "Save" at the bottom of your quiz?
  • Is your quiz published?
  • did you change the point value's after some students had already taken it?

Hopefully we can get an answer for you! In the meanwhile, take a look at this document for more info on assigning point values to your quizzes. 

One additional thought to supplement Roxanne's great questions.............

Did you designate the quiz as a "Practice Quiz" in the quiz settings? Practice quizzes can have a point value, but the scores will not be recorded in the Gradebook.

Learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10706-67952725251 

I hope this helps.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there ya-yun.kao@rice.edu...

I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community website on September 11th and then received a response from Deactivated user a day later.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback from Roxanne?  It looks like she needs some clarification from you in order to help answer your questions.  If you could please come back to this thread to provide an update for the Community, that would be helpful.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Sherry!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi ya-yun.kao@rice.edu‌ - In September, you asked about aligning your quiz's points with your gradebook. Since then, Roxanne and Kelley have asked a few questions, and you haven't replied. I hope that means that you've solved the issue! Smiley Happy If that's the case, it would be great to learn more about your process. That way, others who find your question can learn from your experience. For now, I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered" but it will not prevent you or any other Canvas Community member from commenting.

Surveyor

I'v experienced the same problem, and found a fix. I wanted to post it here in case it fixes the problem for other users.

Method:

1. Open the quiz.
  2. Click the "Edit" button.
  3. Go to the "Questions" tab.
  4. Click on any "Edit this Question" or "Edit group details" button.
  5. Without changing anything, click "Update question", or "Update group".
  6. Go to the bottom of the page and click "Save".
  7. The points for the questions should be visible now.