cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

The process for submitting OneDrive/365 files via Canvas Mobile is clunky. Any chance that is being looked at?

Jump to solution

I've been approached by a few students, Instructors and even our VP about improvement to this process. While it is possible to submit a file (for an assignment submission) via Canvas Mobile (student) pulling from the OneDrive mobile app, the process is somewhat drawn out. 

Has anyone else had confusion with this? 

According to our Associate Director of IT, it's something that Canvas could adjust on their side of the app to allow the OneDrive app to better integrate. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi kevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.edu‌, 

I suggest you check out the following blog post by the Canvas Mobile PM:

https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cmug/blog/2018/10/22/mobile-update-fall-2018-edition 

It appears that are working on a new workflow for submitting files from 3rd party apps. I agree the current process is weak, so I welcome this update. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi kevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.edu‌, 

I suggest you check out the following blog post by the Canvas Mobile PM:

https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/cmug/blog/2018/10/22/mobile-update-fall-2018-edition 

It appears that are working on a new workflow for submitting files from 3rd party apps. I agree the current process is weak, so I welcome this update. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks, Ryan! I didn't come across that in my searches and hadn't seen that before. Definitely an improvement!

Looks like students will need to navigate to the external app first and share the file from there back to Canvas. It would be nice if access to the external app was an option within the Canvas app. I don't always get what I want though...or know what I'm talking about!

Highlighted

kevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.edu‌, 

Heh, I totally understand. Me either! I'm still waiting for the final product. At this point, anything is better than the current workflow. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Kevin - How has the launch of Canvas Student 6.6.3 affected Office 365?