The process of grading student work with modifications and accommodations

Jump to solution
mhurst1
Community Member

After talking to several teachers in my building about their process for grading work by students with modifications or accommodations, I saw a need for Canvas to help with this process. 

Right now, I list student modifications/accommodations on a spreadsheet and have that spreadsheet open while grading. This isn't the best way to go about it, but I'm not sure of a better one. Keep in mind that I have 130+ students each semester so it is important to have a list pulled up showing that some students can submit late while others shouldn't be docked for improper spelling. 

Canvas could provide a section for teachers to add notes for each student that only the teacher could see. That way, when I am in the grade book or in Speedgrade and I hover my mouse over a student's name, I can see what their modifications/accommodations are without switching back and forth between two screens and scrolling through a spreadsheet. 

In the meantime, if anyone wants to respond to this post with tricks or tips for making this a smoother process, please do so. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KelleyMeeusen
Community Explorer

Hi @mhurst1 

What a great idea!

You have posted this idea in the Canvas Community's Question Forum. If you would like this idea to be visible to other Community members, and available for Canvas Engineers to review and consider, you should post it in Idea Conversations.

I hope this was helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post