cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbanjac
Community Member

There in no "Edit" feature on my Studio

There is no EDIT selection in my Studio, only preview of trash.

354266_pastedImage_1.pngSee just redo and cancel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
James
Navigator

@bbanjac  

What version of the screen recorder are you using? It looks like you're running an older version of Windows, so you might not have updated the screen recorder in a while.

You may be able to tell when you open it (provided you've not checked the box to always open it)

354273_pastedImage_2.png

You can also go to the Windows Apps and get a more accurate version number.

354274_pastedImage_3.png

When I didn't click the "Open Screen Recorder" button fast enough, it came up with a link to allow me to download the latest version. Again, that won't happen if you have it automatically open. You should be able to uninstall it from the Windows Apps and then reinstall it from Canvas if you need to get the latest version.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bbanjac ...

I'm going to take a slightly different approach to your question than what  @James ‌ suggested above.  I'm wondering if you created a video online in Studio, and now you want to make edits to that video?  If so, I had submitted a couple Feature Ideas a while back, but they have since moved to Cold Storage (which you may need to request access to) because they didn't spark much interest.  Those Feature Ideas were:

(NOTE: Please substitute the word "Arc" for "Studio".)

One of these Feature Ideas may help you see how clumsy it currently is to get back to editing videos you've created using Studio.

I'm not sure if the above information will be of help to you or not, Bob.  But, I wanted to share the info with you just in case.  Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

Can you please post the answers here since I cannot get access to the Cold Storage version of your replies? I would like to know how to get this edit feature into my Canvas Studio. Thanks so much! 🙂

@ProfMartin ...

Unfortunately, I was told today by one of the Canvas Community Managers that "Members will not have access to the new Colder Storage area, so we won’t be providing links to archived content".  So, I don't have those instructions any more.  My apologies.  ☹️