cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Timeline for revisions to canvas outcomes

Jump to solution

I noticed there's a focus group regarding the outcomes feature of canvas. I'm curious what kind of timeline is expected for revisions. I'm just looking for a course grain estimate (months, years, etc.) We're interested in using canvas for campus-wide assessment but would like to know roughly how long before we see some improvements in the status quo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi manderson8@pasadena.edu​,

How exciting that your institution is considering using the outcomes tool to implement a campus-wide assessment! As rcarney@instructure.com​ mentioned, we are in the very early stages of this project. As a company we are hammering down are intended 6-12 month roadmap in the next 6 weeks. If everything goes as planned we will begin user facing development at the start of 2016. I want to put a heavy focus on "if everything goes as planned":), in nut shell our product team has to get buy off from the rest of the organization which we are confident we will with this project but we can never be 100% sure.

I will be sure to keep the community in the loop once we get are roadmap complete and confirmed.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

manderson8@pasadena.edu​, I'm participating in the focus group, but haven't heard any type of timeline. I'm going to tag Deactivated user​ and rcarney@instructure.com​ to see if they can provide some information on this.

Highlighted

That is a great question.  I know that Deactivated user​ is in the very beginning of the research phase and anything you contribute to the focus group right now is immensely helpful.  I don't know that she will have a timeframe on this until her research phase is wrapped up, but we can see what she says.

Highlighted

Does this focus group include a variety of users from K12?​

Highlighted

K12 is welcome.  I have not kept tabs on the mix, but I think your opinion is very important in this!

Highlighted

dianepbh@pps.net​Yes, K12 is more than welcome!

Highlighted

​not clear on how we become part of the focus group. Is chiming in here considered the focus group participation?

Highlighted

If you visit Canvas Focus Group: Outcomes​ you can request to join!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi manderson8@pasadena.edu​,

How exciting that your institution is considering using the outcomes tool to implement a campus-wide assessment! As rcarney@instructure.com​ mentioned, we are in the very early stages of this project. As a company we are hammering down are intended 6-12 month roadmap in the next 6 weeks. If everything goes as planned we will begin user facing development at the start of 2016. I want to put a heavy focus on "if everything goes as planned":), in nut shell our product team has to get buy off from the rest of the organization which we are confident we will with this project but we can never be 100% sure.

I will be sure to keep the community in the loop once we get are roadmap complete and confirmed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Mccall, is there any update on the roadmap for Outcomes? Your original post was in August, so I'm hoping there is some news. Our main concern at this point is the inability for the instructor to run Outcomes reports in concluded courses. Our courses are term-concluded, so unless the instructor changes the course end-date, they cannot run outcomes reports after the term ends. In the early stages, after the term is when our faculty (and Assessments office) are most interested in generating reports.

Thanks!