cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcnair
Community Member

Title Banner image on Module index page?

Jump to solution

Is there any way to modify the modules page to include a banner? I would like to use the module page as the homepage for my course and I want it to include a title banner. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @mcnair  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community. Although it looks like you joined us late last year, this appears to be your first question here, so we are happy to have you.  Unfortunately, images are not possible in the Modules area.  You are not the first one to think this would be a good idea, however, as there is still a (rather older) Feature Idea that looks like it is still open for voting here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6185-add-images-to-modules .

In the meantime, you may just want to make a "regular" Home page with a Banner and just have that and the Modules page as your only available menu items, directing students to the modules area after a bit of a welcome on the Home page.

I can't think of anything else off-hand that would help you with this question, though I hope it helps a bit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @mcnair  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community. Although it looks like you joined us late last year, this appears to be your first question here, so we are happy to have you.  Unfortunately, images are not possible in the Modules area.  You are not the first one to think this would be a good idea, however, as there is still a (rather older) Feature Idea that looks like it is still open for voting here: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6185-add-images-to-modules .

In the meantime, you may just want to make a "regular" Home page with a Banner and just have that and the Modules page as your only available menu items, directing students to the modules area after a bit of a welcome on the Home page.

I can't think of anything else off-hand that would help you with this question, though I hope it helps a bit.

View solution in original post

mcnair
Community Member

Thanks for the quick response! I will vote this up and forward it to my peers. thanks for the information.

Jonathan