cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dblunk
Community Member

To Do List Missing from Sidebar

Jump to solution

I have two sections, and in one section the To Do List and Upcoming shows in the Sidebar, but in the other section it does not. Is there a place where I can turn it on? I have both home pages currently set to "Syllabus."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dblunk
Community Member

Soooooo, crazy thing, after my DL Coordinator poked around in my Canvas Shells, she emailed to let me know my TTD List was there! What the heck? I told her she was magic and must have conjured it into existence as it was DEFINITELY not there during the first two weeks of the semester. 😉

Thank you again for your assistance, 

Dawn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dblunk .  I've looked around a bit to see if I could find anything that might give a clue as to what might be causing this and haven't found much.  Are these sections cross-listed or has one been published and another not?  It might be worth contacting Canvas support to see if they have any insight or the group that supports faulty at your institution.  I play this role at my institution and can go into courses to review the setting and check on various items (even if it is just trial and error) to see what is going on.

If you do find out what is causing the To Do list to appear in one course and not another, please let everyone know!

dblunk
Community Member

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the response. These sections are not cross-listed and both are published. The course with the missing To Do List is a ground section while the other is an online section—which shouldn’t really make a difference since I’ve had this combo before and always had the To Do List showing on all courses.

I will contact my campus Distance Learning coordinator and post an update regarding the results.

Dawn Blunk

Adjunct English & Journalism Professor

dblunk
Community Member

Soooooo, crazy thing, after my DL Coordinator poked around in my Canvas Shells, she emailed to let me know my TTD List was there! What the heck? I told her she was magic and must have conjured it into existence as it was DEFINITELY not there during the first two weeks of the semester. 😉

Thank you again for your assistance, 

Dawn

View solution in original post

That's certainly strange  @dblunk , but great news that it is working now!  Thanks for the update!