To Do List by Quarter

Jump to solution
mcmack
Community Explorer

We would like incomplete student assignments to not appear in the To Do list for students now that we are in Quarter 2.   Will setting those assignments with "Available Until Date" for the last day in the previous quarter solve this? If not, is there a way to remove these old assignments from the list instead of telling each student to click the "x" in the To Do list to close them out?  This is challenging for remote elementary students.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @mcmack

I did some testing on my own and found that adding an Until date does not remove the to do from the student's sidebar. I also found that adding the assignment to a closed grading period doesn't affect the To Do list either. After doing some looking in the Community, I found this Canvas feature idea that requests an update to Canvas functionality to remove expired to-do items from the sidebar. You can comment on and rate the idea. You can also enforce the List View for students so that they see the most recent week's assignments in their courses. 

Hopefully this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions and my teammates and I will do our best to help! 

Thanks, 

Allie

View solution in original post