cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hydeag
Surveyor

To Do List showing graded items

My to do list shows items that I graded and gave a zero score (incomplete work).  Even though I marked it zero points, it still shows up on the to do list as needing to be graded.  It isn't just one, it is many in different assignments.  Any fix for this?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there,  @hydea ‌,

Are these To-Do items re-appearing when you get new submissions such as Late work turned in, or is it after the assignments due date has passed? Are the students still able to access it? Generally, they will go away once all the graded work is completed and re-appear if new submissions take place. The https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10194-4152719658 guide indicates multiple due dates may also be a factor. 

If you can find out the details on a specific assignment, maybe we can dig a little deeper for you. What is the due date of the assignment, the available until date for the assignment, and were there new submissions that made the notification for the assignments pop up in the To Do?

Thanks for any info you might have!

Thank you for your reply and help.  Here is some information that might help.

252376_pastedImage_1.png 

This is what it looks like on the page.  Both assignments are closed as of 9/17/17.  Both are marked or scored as zero points as the answer box was empty.  Most of the students were able to enter the data and receive points so I don't think it is something in the Quiz.  Each quiz has one question which requires the student to enter the names of three other student to whom he/she replied for the discussion topic. These are quiz items that require an essay answer since Canvas does not allow a wild card answer in a multiple choice or fill in the blanks quiz.  I use the essay format and then manually award the points. I would assume that if I allowed the student to retake the quiz, and they entered the names, this item would go away on the to do list.  I'm just wondering why it remains when I assigned a "0" for the grade.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

To be clear the quiz has questions that need manually graded, correct? If this is the case then any time a student submits or resubmits to the quiz you will be notified and expected to enter or even re-enter the grade. When you click on the link and it takes you to a student does it have a little message under the grade box in Speedgrader? 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @hydeag ...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic for over two months, and so I wanted to check in with you.  It looks like you've received some feedback from both Deactivated user and  @kona  (and she also had some questions for you).  Have you had an opportunity to review the posting from Kona?  If you could please take a few minutes to come back to this discussion thread to provide an update to some of those questions so that we can continue to help you, that would be great!  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...mainly because there hasn't been much activity in this topic since September 20th.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Alan!

hydeag
Surveyor

Hi everyone.  thanks for the help - it has been solved.  Part of the problem is Google Chrome!