Toggle between students in Student app for parents

Jump to solution
russell_monagha
Community Participant

Hi there, 

I was wondering if there was a way for parents (observers) to toggle between students in the student app, not the parent app. For how we assess, we don't use the parent app because of its limitations with rubrics and receiving feedback for observers. We have a parent who has two students in one class and is unable to toggle between both on the student app. I understand you can do this on the parent app but that doesn't solve our problem. I also know you can do it through a browser, but this parent would like the convenience of using an app. 

Any help appreciated, 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @russell_monagha  -

There is not a way to toggle between students in the Canvas Student App, as it is designed for a singular user (student) experience. I would suggest initiating an Idea Conversation, but the design of the Student App is focused on the student experience, not the observer experience.

Alternatively, the family member could make two observer accounts and then Switch User within the student app. Only one set of notifications would come through at a time, but they would be able to view one student isolated from the other. 

How do I switch to another account in the Student app on my iOS device? 

View solution in original post