Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Total points for all assignments?

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have 15 assignments in my course, each with a different individual point value.  Where in Canvas can I see what they add up to in total points?

Catherine

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Catherine ,

The gradebook can show you a total of the points in your course. Depending on your gradebook setup, you might be able to view it just in the normal grades view by hovering over the "Total" column in your gradebook that shows the final score for your students. If that only shows a percentage, if you view your gradebook using individual view and select a student to view, at the bottom of that page, Canvas will show you their points earned out of the total possible points in the course.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Catherine ,

The gradebook can show you a total of the points in your course. Depending on your gradebook setup, you might be able to view it just in the normal grades view by hovering over the "Total" column in your gradebook that shows the final score for your students. If that only shows a percentage, if you view your gradebook using individual view and select a student to view, at the bottom of that page, Canvas will show you their points earned out of the total possible points in the course.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply, it pointed me in the right direction.  I figured out that if I have the Total column set to "display as percentage", and then click on a student's grade, I can see their points out of the total points for which they have grades assigned.  That's close enough for my purposes, though it isn't ideal.

Catherine

0 Kudos
Labels