cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joy_bertinuson
Community Member

Transfer Content from "dummy" canvas course to actual course

Jump to solution

I have created the content for my course in a practice Canvas Development Course and want to transfer that information to the actual Canvas course. How do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joy_bertinuson  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question here today.  The Guides you are looking for can be found by clicking on the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Community, selecting "Canvas", and then "INSTRUCTOR".  Scroll down to the link for "Course Import Tool", and you'll find lots of Guides there.  The specific ones you'll want to look through are:

How do I copy content from another Canvas course? 

or

How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Remember, using either Guide, you'll want to be logged in to the course where the content will be copied to (your "destination" course, if you will).  You'll be importing content from your practice Canvas Development Course (your "source" course) into your "destination" course.

Here's a video tutorial you can also watch that shows you how to do this:  Video Link : 1105  

Hope this helps, Joy!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @joy_bertinuson  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question here today.  The Guides you are looking for can be found by clicking on the "Guides" link at the top of any page here in the Community, selecting "Canvas", and then "INSTRUCTOR".  Scroll down to the link for "Course Import Tool", and you'll find lots of Guides there.  The specific ones you'll want to look through are:

How do I copy content from another Canvas course? 

or

How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Remember, using either Guide, you'll want to be logged in to the course where the content will be copied to (your "destination" course, if you will).  You'll be importing content from your practice Canvas Development Course (your "source" course) into your "destination" course.

Here's a video tutorial you can also watch that shows you how to do this:  Video Link : 1105  

Hope this helps, Joy!

View solution in original post

Got it; thank you!

Sincerely, Joy Bertinuson