Tried to submit a file and text entry at the same time, but it only sent the file

Jump to solution
erichuynh777
Community Member

Basically, this assignment told me to sent a file and a text entry at the same time, but apparently, for canvas, you have to submit them separately. I did not know this and as I submitted the file, my text entry completely disappeared. I thought it would just send them at the exact same time, but it did not, it only sent the file. I was wondering if there was any way to recover everything I typed, but I'm assuming not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @erichuynh777 ...

I'm not sure you'll be able to recover your text entry as part of your submission.  The best thing that you could do is to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff to see if they have any insights for you...or if there is anything they may be able to do on their end.  If you submit the file and the text entry separately (as to different submissions to the same assignment), your instructor would get both.  As a student, you only see the very latest submission, but your instructor would see all submissions...which are time and date stamped.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student? - Canvas Community

Good luck to you!  Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post