Trouble Accessing Quizzes and Readings on Canvas

Jump to solution
srijupotluri
Community Novice
Hello,
I've been having some problems with accessing homework on Canvas. The course modules tab says that there are two quizzes and readings due by the next class, however, I cannot open the quizzes or the course readings. 
I tried clicking on the "take the quiz" button for both quizzes that were assigned, but it did not open up to a page where I could see the questions and answer them as you showed us in class. Essentially, nothing happened when I clicked on this button. 
A similar problem occurred with the other modules listed in the modules page. Although I can click on these pages, they open to a blank screen with no assigned reading and there is no indication of where to go next to access the assigned reading. 
I have attached screenshots of my quiz page and assigned reading below. The screenshot of the quiz includes a small rectangular outline around the "take the quiz" button because the option is selected. However, the page did not load or open up a new page with the quiz. 
I was wondering if there were any suggestions on how to fix this issue. Any help is highly appreciated!
0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @srijupotluri  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Thank you for providing those screenshots. The most likely cause of this is that you are attempting to access Canvas through a browser that is out of date and not supported. Since this is a global forum where people gather to exchange their ideas about how to use Canvas software, we can only give you general advice: ultimately this might be a matter for Canvas support. More on that in a moment.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Mac:

(1) If you're a Mac user, and you're using Safari, please check the version of Safari you're using (by clicking on Safari at the upper left and then About Safari) to ensure that you're using Safari 11 or 12. If you're not, you'll need to update the Safari browser to the latest version. (If you're not using Safari, skip to Step 3.)

(2) If you're already on the latest version of Safari, clear the cache and cookies in the Safari browser, close and then relaunch the browser.

(3) If these remedies do not work, try switching to a different browser. Canvas works quite well on a Mac through Chrome, and Firefox works well also. Here's a list of supported browsers:  Which browsers does Canvas support? 

PC:

(1) Check your device compatibility: What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?

(2) Check your browser compatibility, as noted above: Which browsers does Canvas support? Note that Internet Explorer 11 is not a supported browser.

(3) Try a different browser. The latest version of Chrome works great on a Windows device (it works quite well on a Mac, too; that's how I access Canvas.)

If none of these methods solve the problem, contact Canvas Support. General instructions are in How do I get help with Canvas as a student? but your school's support setup might vary somewhat, in which case ask your local IT Department for additional troubleshooting assistance.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes