True.html file when downloading a document

Jump to solution
Susanne2
Community Member

I am having a problem with canvas since the beginning of the week. I am a student and usually when I try to download a file that my teachers upload in canvas, I just get the file in my downloads. However, since the beginning of this week I get true.html in my downloads and when I click on that I am redirected to the login page of my universities canvas page. How do I solve this?This is the file what I get when I try to download itThis is the file what I get when I try to download it

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rhenri24
Community Participant

We are seeing a similar issue as well. Our experience suggests that it is only Safari users that are experiencing this issue. We opened a record with support about this and they said to use another browser, such as Chrome, to download files as they look into the issue further. 

View solution in original post

digitalphunc
Community Member

Im having the same issue... using an iMac, Catalina, Safari I am computer savvy 

I was able to get the file to download two different ways

#1 by selecting a different folder it appeared to download the file using the entire name it was a .docx document

#2 if you select "alternative format" in Canvas and make it a "Tagged .pdf" file you will be able to download a .docx or .pdf file with no problem.

I don't know if this is a Mac issue, Catalina issue, Safari issue, MS Word issue etc.

I don't have this issue using my old Windows 7 machine just with my iMac

View solution in original post

0 Likes