Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

TurnItIn Half Screen

Hi Canvas Community!

With TurnItIn, we are experiencing an interesting issue! From an iPad, students are unable to submit work through TurnItIn - from Canvas Student or Safari. From their assignment submission screen, students can only see half of the TurnItIn window. When a student taps "Choose File" the next screen isn't visible. This makes it impossible to select the file that the student needs to upload and submit. The workaround is getting the file to a computer and uploading it that way but this isn't ideal as not all of our students have easy access to a computer off campus.

TurnitIn Submission Window Error

Here's an example. Sorry that the video is sideways, but you should be able to see what we're experiencing anyways. Smiley Happy

We have a ticket open, but we are wondering if anyone else has the same challenge.

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dhulsey ‌...do you have any suggestions for  @klundstrum  on this one?

@klundstrum ‌, I am curious if you have tried using Chrome on the iPad? I only use Chrome because I dislike Safari. It is just a thought. I will also see if I can do a bit of testing this weekend.

Hi  @dhulsey  - Unfortunately, that isn't going to be a solution for us (even if it works) because of the restrictions we have on our iPads. Chrome is an app with an 18+ rating, and it cannot be installed on the student devices. It would be very interesting to know if that is a solution. I may try an Android mobile submission to verify that it's an iOS issue rather than a general "mobile" issue.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Our ticket was marked as "solved", but we never actually found a solution before the end of the school year. ..and we have since moved from TurnItin to Unicheck. I hope that others who use TurnItIn don't see this any longer.