Turned in-Not Graded

Jump to solution
Dliberty
Community Member

Good Afternoon,

Our school is accepting online and paper submissions.  If an assignment is submitted and it is not electronic then why is it showing up in the missing assignment list if it is not missing?  There should be a toggle where the Late, Submitted, Excused is to include Turned in-Not Graded Yet.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you add this into the system?  When we use grade guardian it is showing all of these assignments as missing instead of "in progress to be graded."  Please help!  Accurate data needed!

Denise Liberty

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello @Dliberty  I understand the frustration this causes but there are a few work arounds.  First, I think that it is important to note that Canvas is an online tool and all of its designed are based of the premise that students and teachers are doing everything through Canvas, thus when there is an assignment in Canvas and electronic submission is an option (based on the submission settings you choose) it is looking for students to actually turn it in electronically.  If a student does get marked as missing, you can change that by clicking the little pop-out box icon next to the place you would enter a student's grade and switch it from missing to none.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.40.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.40.59 PM.png

I know this may be time consuming if many of your students are turning in paper.  

This area of the community is for questions/answers so if you would like a feature to be added to help with this, I suggest putting an idea in the ideas area of this community to be voted on:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas

Have a good one!

-Nick

View solution in original post