cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Turnitin submission

Jump to solution

When students submit using Turnitin, what do they see? Does it go straight into TII?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi j.radice@bradford.ac.uk,

This depends on whether you are using the new version of the Turnitin integration or the old. In the old version (strictly LTI), they get taken directly to the Turnitin interface (it opens in a frame within Canvas). In the new integration, I believe it all functions within Canvas so it appears that they have never actually left.

To know which version you are using, you would need to contact your school Canvas Administrators, they should be able to tell you which version is in use.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi j.radice@bradford.ac.uk,

This depends on whether you are using the new version of the Turnitin integration or the old. In the old version (strictly LTI), they get taken directly to the Turnitin interface (it opens in a frame within Canvas). In the new integration, I believe it all functions within Canvas so it appears that they have never actually left.

To know which version you are using, you would need to contact your school Canvas Administrators, they should be able to tell you which version is in use.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi j.radice@bradford.ac.uk like Stuart Ryan's Blog advised it very much depends on how turnitin is integrated.

If your institution is using the LTI integration, I have attached my draft "how to" guide for students using turnitin which may shed some light on what students see. There are also links in this document to the Turnitin website. 

0 Kudos
Labels